Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 28 September 2018

Knitting the SHORE

Hi Everyone 
I have a new plans for my knitting. I’ve been trying to work out my next few knitting projects and have been struggling to find a direction. For some reason, I’ve  struggled to choose a wish list of projects. There are so many lovely things to knit and I often jump into a project without thinking it through. I like to have a wish list, it’s a way of focusing my knitting and giving me an element of self discipline. The new book of knitting projects from Kate Davies has arrived, just in time, to help me out. This new book called SHORE and is exactly what I needed.

                 

I struggled, initially, to decide which pattern I wanted to knit. Every project is appealing to me. I have actually completed one of the projects, the Polkagris Kerchief. I completed this little project earlier this Summer, while on a short family holiday. This left four projects to choose from. I’ve spent a couple of weeks trying to decide which pattern to knit and couldn’t. Finally, I’ve decided I’m going to knit all the patterns, all five ! So it’s just a question of which one next ? I’ve decided to go with the cover sweater, this is the Balmaha, a bottom up sweater with some colourwork. I’m going to choose Jamieson 2 ply for my yarn. I’d like to use a bright yellow, green and a navy mix. Kate uses five colours but a I think I’d like to use three. I’ll make a swatch and decide if it’s going to work. I’ll also choose another couple of colours as an insurance idea.
The other designs from Shore include a lovely shawl, a shrug like cardigan and a short sleeved sweater with a deep funnelled collar. My initial plan is to enjoy knitting each piece, one at a time; although I am tempted to start the shawl (Traigh) when I’ve decided on my yarn and colours. I’ll share my progress though Shore each Friday until I’m finished. So call back and check out my progress. 

I’m still knitting The Bright Sweater so my plans will need to go on hold for the next week or so. I will, however, make preparations for Balmaha and develop my swatch.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment