Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 24 September 2018

Sweater News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been rather busy this weekend and my only making activities have involved knitting. I’m currently working on my Bright Sweater (Junko Okamoto) and at last, it’s coming together and making sense to me. I’ve had a few attempts at starting this sweater ! However, It’s a lovely pattern, quite simple and I’m not sure why it’s given me so many problems ? I think, It’s just a case of concentrated knitting - not one of my strengths ! I’m well into the body construction of the sweater and it’s time to make a decision about sweater (body) shaping. I’m not keen on tight, shaped waistbands and I’m thinking the pattern may give me a nipped in waist. There’s lots of ribbing going on at the waist, so there will be an elastic waist area, regardless. I’d like to achieve a wide, loose waistband, if possible ?

               

I’m at the stage where, I think, I can try on the sweater. I will need to, temporarily, add a second circular needle to give me enough cable to get the sweater over my head as well as check the width of the bottom, so far. I’m using Cascade 220 Yarns (colour 9325) and it’s a lovely mid blue colour. I love blue and I’m very pleased with how the colour is working. I’m quite excited about completing this sweater, all of a sudden ! I have been rather confused and had lost my way with this project over the last few months. I notice the dates I’ve written (on the pattern), I started in May. I restarted, again in June and then again on the 15/9/18. Each new start has meant ripping out all the lovely cable pattern on the yolk - heartbreaking! However, I’m hoping I’m OK and back on track.
The other little issue re this project, is the size of my project bag, one of my current obsessions ie project bags ! This bag, pictured in my photo story (top left) is much too small. This is another great excuse to make a new one. I have something almost under construction, so that’s my first job today.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll share more progress as I move through the week. There’s much more knitting in this sweater, so plenty work for this week. Knitting, is definitely my hobby and doesn’t happen until the evenings and I’m not sure how much knitting time I will have  - to work on my sweater but I’m certainly hoping my project bag will be complete. I’ll be back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment