Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 September 2018

Fibre Friday : 7/9/18

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my current fibre related projects today as well as chatting about potentials, to add to my list.
My first project is socks. I tend to have a pair of socks on the needles, most of the time. My socks of  the moment are the Honey Bee Dance Socks by Helen Stewart. I have subscribed to the Sock Society for 2018 (read about it here)  and am very much enjoying the regular patterns coming my way (every two months). I like this particular pattern (the fourth, I think ?). The lace section down the centre front is very pretty and the combination of my yarns, a mustard/Brown cuff and the variegated Manos (check out the yarn here) is lovely. The main colourway reminds me of Bees, in amongst plants (which is why I chose the yarn). I probably have a couple of sessions left on the second sock. I’m already looking forward to the next pattern in October.

             


My next project to share is spinning. I’ve managed to spin 100gm of a lovely Bamboo/ Merino/ Silk, no name for the yarn yet. The colour is a very rich rust orange with lots of tiny speckles in a huge range of colours. I’m hoping to team the yarn with a dark lime (green) shade and make a cardigan. The jury is still out on the pattern. I’ve done a little research but I need to do more. I’d like a simple design but using my hand spun in blocks of colour.
I also have a second spinning project on the go. This is a large Mans sweater spin. It’s a BFL/ Corriedale  blend. It’s not an exact calculated blend, I just go with my feel as I blend the two fibres, there’s definitely more BFL, so the yarn is very soft. The Corriedale is quite a deep grey and the two combined are delicious. I’ve got about 300 m of yarn so far, loads more to go ! My schedule is to spend a little time each day on this spin. 
I’d like to have a couple of spin projects  going at any one time and I’m already lining up a new spin to compliment the sweater project. Not sure what to do at the moment ? Again, I need to do a little more research.

                

My fourth project is a crochet cardigan. I’ve spent a little time each day working on this project and it’s slow going at the moment. I’m happy with my colours, dark petrol blue, dark grey and a bright splash of vibrant blue. The photo story shows a striped design but I’m going for a different look. I’ll share more next week.

In addition to the yarn projects in my photo story, there are a couple of sweaters under construction. Several garments are almost finished and I have a plan to undo a sleeveless sweater and knit up a third Nuuk. Here’s a link to the Nuuk (check it out ). I’ve got several shawls to finish ie sew in the ends and block and a new hat will be started on Saturday. So, lots of projects and so little time ! I’m hoping to get more organised with my yarn projects over the next few months. One thing which needs my attention is storage and recording of stash, plans and patterns. I often feel, I’ve no idea what I have in my stash and waste lots of time trying to find things. This weekend will hopefully get things organised and I will have lots of exciting ideas for the next few months of knitting, spinning and crochet.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment