Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 September 2018

More about bags.

Hi Everyone 
I’m still obsessed with ‘bags’. The need for organising my stuff into specific bag storage is taking over my life. However, I’m viewing this as a good thing. I have so many things to organise and the bag thing is giving me an excuse to focus on the job.My bag chat for today involves a couple of new bag ideas. 
The first bag is an actual paper pattern, acquired with a sewing magazine (Simply Sewing). It’s described as The Bowling Bag and is zipped top bag with both a shoulder strap and a handle. I’m not quite sure where the bag fits into storage, if at all ! I’m thinking, I may adapt the bag, slightly, to be suitable for my Making/knitting group activities. It’s not really a storage bag, more of a light carry bag. I just like the idea of using the pattern and seeing what happens. I don’t have any fabric in mind, yet ! and I’ll need to acquire a few notions, so this is a planning activity for now.

             

My next bag idea is more important as a storage item. I’ve been struggling for some time with storing my circular knitting needles. I have lots of needles and they are currently stored in a zip top toilet bag. It’s fine as a storage bag for a few needles but I have lots of circular needles and a I spend hours looking for the right needle for each new knitting project. I also tend to think, I need to buy extra needles when I actually have the right one and simply can’t find it. It’s very frustrating and I’m keen to make a specific bag for the purpose. My plan is to develop something similar to the one in my photo story (bottom left). I like the idea of making something with pretty fabric, so will raid my stash and see what I can find. There are lots of Pinterest tutorials on these storage bags/wraps so I’m going to check out as many as possible. I’ll spend a few days looking for something which can work for me.

My bag making list is growing ! I think, I have at least six bags either under development or in planning stages. I need to complete these six before starting anymore, so that’s it for bags ! I’m hoping to concentrate on bag making for this week. I’ll share my progress as it happens.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment