Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 September 2018

More Project Bags

Hi Everyone 
Yet another project to share today. This will take a while to complete ! I’m using inspiration from a beautiful project bag I saw in the Loop yarn shop
check here for details  of the original. You can catch a glimpse of the original, bottom left, in my photo story board (below). I love these bags and have decided to have a go myself, I’ve been watching them for some time. I’ll adapt and go with my ideas as the bag comes together. I’m using some old linen trousers for the main part of my bag and will keep some of  the double stitched seams as a design feature. I’ve spent some time deconstructing the trousers today and now have quite a large piece of linen fabric to make my bag. I’d like to line the bag and add some hand embroidery. I’ll try and find some fabric from my stash for the lining. I’m not hopeful, I have lots of fabric but not necessarily a suitable fabric so will probably take a visit to a local fabric shop to check out something tomorrow.
I’m hoping to use the trouser buttons and a pocket from the trousers, somewhere in my design. I think, I’ll go for a cord pull for the closure and will probably crochet or knit an icord.
Here’s a quick look at my preparations.

           
The light has changed, drastically, in my photo board, but I would say the top two photos give a good impression of the true linen colour, love it ! I’ll plan all the elements of the bag and then decide on the hand embroidery. I’ve no idea what to embroider at the moment ? I’m hoping inspiration will turn up, as a I work. I think, the lining fabric will dictate the ultimate design. Perhaps, a modern fabric pattern will give me different ideas to a more traditional surface design.
This project is very much in the slow stitching work tradition . I have a bit of a thing, at the moment, for lots of special project bags and am slowly working through all my current live makes to pair up with a project bag. It could take some time !! As usual, I’ll share my progress her on the blog as and when.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.


No comments:

Post a Comment