Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 September 2018

Silver Stuff News

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a little section of my new Silver work Collection today. This is only partially complete but as I develop each piece, I’m slightly changing the parameters of the Collection. I started with a small series of shapes (sketches) and have moved away from the very angular shapes to more organic pebble like components. I often revert to this pebble shape in my experimental work. Somehow forcing a design doesn’t quite work, so I’m going with my feelings on this one. The simple roundish pebble idea is the start of my Collection and each piece has taken a slightly different and more textured design. I have a few rings, earrings and charms in the Collection and will keep working on the shapes. 

           
The Collection had been named Take 5 as in five distinct shapes, however, I need to rethink my name ! I like to name my work, somehow I find a need to develop a relationship with what I’m doing. My original components, in some cases, have been combined to form new, more interesting/ complicated shapes and I’m reasonably happy with progress. I’ll share more elements of the Collection as they emerge.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment