Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 17 September 2018

Project Bags - update

Hi Everyone 
My project bag initiative is picking up speed. Check back to Fridays blog for the background story. I currently have three bags underway. The linen embroidered bag and two plain calico drawstring bags. 
The calico bags (featured last week) will both acquire an embroidered patch on the front as decoration. They are large bags and will probably be used for spinning projects. As such, I need to keep them simple. Spinning fibres need space and non embellished storage. In the past, I’ve used zips and fastenings - resulting in snagging  and damaging the contents.
I’ve spent some time trying to organise projects (generally) over the last few days and I feel the individual project bag is going to work for me, as a way of managing my work. I have a long list of ongoing projects and will choose three projects to  be ‘current’ - these will move into the bags and I will work each project until it’s complete. Waiting projects will have a very large storage bin. I will review which is to be the next project when there is space in a bag.
All sounds great ! I’m hopeful.
Getting back to the job of the moment, I did make some progress with my linen bag, again read back on Friday for more on this bag. I needed to find some suitable lining fabric ove the weekend. It’s done. I have my lining fabric. The fabric I’ve  chosen is a modern traditional design and has lots of pretty flowers . I’m going to use this flower to develop my embroidery element for the bag. I’ll sketch out a flower, scale it and draw directly onto the linen fabric here’s a quick look at the materials.

              

My new patterned lining fabric (left photo) is quite bright but will tone down the very bright linen. I love the little flowers and am looking forward to developing my embroidery element. I will use the bag (on the right) as inspiration for my bag construction. I’m hoping my bag will have a similar closure and a scattering of embroidered flowers.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment