Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Project Bags

Hi Everyone 
I suggested, yesterday, making a project bag to house my latest spin project (read back yesterday for the story. It’s a minor miracle ! but I seem to have delivered. I did have a long list of work jobs to complete but managed to squeeze in half an hour or so to make my bag. However, I’m not especially pleased with the result. I’ve made a simple, machine sewn fabric bag with French seams. Good so far. Ive also made an icord from some cotton yarn and I’ve turned over the top and created a simple channel for a string closure. This is where the problems starts. I’m not happy with the closure. It’s a bit clunky to pull closed and the finish around the closure opening is not quite right (see my second photo storyboard).

           

           

Generally, the bag is great and it’s just the closure part which needs some attention. I’m going to add a new channel to the top of the bag and use a slightly different closure style. I’ll share my idea when it’s applied to the bag.
Having decided on the necessary improvement, Im now thinking about a creative addition. I’d like to add a bit of a hand stitched patch/ badge/label to the bag. This creative addition is not necessary but it will give me extra pleasure to add embroidery to the bag. Im going to think about the motif or message for my patch/badge/label today and spend some quality time over the next few days stitching and embellishing. Great news,  I have some of the fabric left and will make a few more bags of slightly different sizes.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment