Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 20 September 2018

The Utility Bag

Hi Everyone 
I’m still batting on about Project bags ! You can check back a few days for more about this current obsession. The bag of the moment is a basic calico project bag, now to be know as UTILITY BAGS as a Collection. I’m also giving individual bags a name. The first bag will be - ‘The Friday Bag’. The reason for the name is all about reminding me that Friday is a spinning day and this bag will be housing my ‘short spin’ of the moment. I needed to add a little work to the closure of the bag (read back for the original design) and can now report, the bag construction is complete.

                  

Yesterday, I spend some time thinking about a hand embroidered patch to go on the front of the bag. I’ve come up with an idea and have prepared the fabric for my patch. I’ve sketched the design (on paper) and transferred it to my fabric patch. I’m now ready to embroider. You can just see the design in my photo story (bottom right photo). It’s very simple. I’m using a few words and a sweater motif. I’ll also make some kind of sweater charm to embellish the drawstring. I may use fabric or possibly polymer clay, can’t quite decide at the moment. The patch may form a pocket on the front of the bag, it’s just a possibility at the moment but I quite like the idea. I’ll share results as they appear. There’s not too much embroidery but I want to spend quality time on my hand stitching. I can use the bag as it is, so all is well.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment