Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Back to Project Bags

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I mentioned a need for yet another new project bag. This new bag will be for my sweater of the moment. I’m hoping the bag will help me to organise and manage sweater knitting. I like the idea of a sweater/ cardigan on my needles at any one time and feel the bag will prompt me to start thinking about the next sweater as the contents of the bag near completion. I’ll be able to start planning at just the right time.

My new bag has been developed because the previous sweater did not fit into its project bag. However, having a dedicated project bag for a specific Make is very satisfying, so this is a great excuse for a new bag. This bag will be called The Sweater Bag.

              

I decided a larger size bag was necessary for this particular project, so my bag is bigger than all of the others in my Collection. I have used a simple Calico fabric, added French seams and a knitted icord. The channel for the icord is a simple, seamed, strip of patterned fabric stitched onto the outer surface of the bag. I’ve left a little gap to thread the icord. My bag is perfect for the Bright Sweater (read back yesterday). However, I do want to add a little something on the front of the bag, so more work needed to make a little patch. I’m going to make an Appliqué sweater patch using some leftover bits of green fabric, as per the icord channel. The patch will also get an embroidered name ie The Sweater Bag. I’ll share the finished bag when I’ve completed the patch.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment