Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Bra and Bag News

Hi Everyone 
Exciting news about my Lingerie Collection. Look back last week for my introduction to this project. I’ve made good progress with my first bra. All is going well. I’ve had a few issues with my sewing machine, mainly to do with user error !  However, I’ve also added a special machine needle, designed for sewing with elastic and this has been very helpful. I’ve assembled all the pieces of fabric and am about to add fold over elastic to the top edges of the bra. The bra is looking good.

             

There’s not too much more to do (famous last words). I need to complete adding the elastic to the top edge of the bra, attach the clasp and add the adjustable straps. It all sounds very straightforward. I’ll give a thorough review, once my bra is complete. The big question is - does it fit ? I’ve tried on the bra and so far it seems OK. However, I think, it’s the kind of thing that needs to be completed (fully) before I can tell if it’s exactly right. 

My other bit of news is my new bag. Again, read back last week for the full story. I’ve added the handles. What a job ! I had thought attaching the handles would be a five minute job. The handles are made from quite thick leather and I had huge issues getting the first holes in the leather. The right size holes are key to allowing little screws to clamp the handles together, over the D rings. I just couldn’t squeeze the hole making tool hard enough to make the hole. I had a total of eight holes to make. In the end, I used a bench vice (very carefully) to help me fully close the tool. This worked great.

                

My photo story shows my bag both before and after the handles have been added. I love the bag. It feels great and looks good. I’m hoping, I can wear my bag with pride.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment