Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 14 January 2019

New Bag Results

Hi Everyone 
Last week, I shared the first stages of making my new bag, you can check out the details here. I’ve spent some time finishing the sewing part of the bag and just need to add the leather handles. I have the handles ready, so my project is close to the end. The handles will fixed with little silver screws and will be completed in a few minutes. The reason my bag has not been finished,  is to do with my indecision regarding the length of the handles. 

                              

For some reason, I couldn’t decide on how I wanted to wear my bag. It’s definitely a handbag rather than a project or shopping bag so I’ve made my decision and I’m going for short handles. I have been undecided for a few days and like the possibility of a longer shoulder strap but in the end I’m decided and the handles will be short. I’ll attach the handles later today and share the final finished bag tomorrow.

This bag has been made from leftover red cord fabric (from a skirt I made a few weeks ago) and lined with fabric from a Christmas toiletries gift from one of my boys. The fabric was originally used to wrap my toiletries and is a very brightly coloured cotton. It’s perfect for my bag lining and adds a lovely vibrant feel to the inside of the bag.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more Making stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment