Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 3 January 2019

New Sewing Plan

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a couple of Christmas gifts today. A new book : Breaking The Pattern, this gift came with a year long subscription to Love Sewing Magazine. So, lots of exciting sewing opportunities each month combined with this beautiful book of patterns. Breaking The Pattern is written by Named patterns and is a Collection of ten patterns (each has several different applications). I love their work generally but this book is such a great collection of ideas. I’m genuinely finding it difficult to choose which pattern to start with. I want to make all the things in the book.
My other gift for today is a 3m length of fabric from Sea Salt. The fabric is called Anemones Night, it’s lovely shades of blues with grey. The fabric is very pretty and will work well with the dress pattern I’ve finally chosen , the Solina Dress. I want the dress to be a everyday sort of dress and will make a few modifications (to turn it into something less formal).

                

I’ll make the wrist ties smaller and shorten the dress (to mid calf) and keep a simple skirt shape. The original dress design has quite a long slit at the centre front. I like this idea but for my first version, I’m going for a simple finish. The dress in the book is made with a medium polyester crepe and my fabric is a much lighter cotton/viscose. I’m thinking, at this point, I will line it with a fine cotton. I’m not sure when I will start the dress, I have a couple of other Makes on my list which will take priority. I’ll share any developments as they happen.
Breaking News, my skirt, from yesterday, is almost there. I’ve added the Bar Tacks and have decided on the length. I just need to machine the final hem and it’s ready to wear.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment