Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 25 January 2019

Baby Sewing

Hi Everyone 
My next sewing project is a little baby outfit for a newborn. I’ve not actually made baby clothes before, not even for my own children (now grown up). But a friend has just had a baby boy and it seemed the perfect thing to do - make a little outfit. Im going to make a pair of little trousers and a hat. I’ve found a great (free) pattern by Pattern for Pirates, you can find their patterns here.

                

I have some green striped stretch cotton jersey for my little outfit. I’m hoping the outfit will be a very quick make and I will use my overlocker for the whole project. The pattern pieces are tiny, the trousers pattern is one piece (cut twice) and is printed on an A4 size piece of paper ! Unbelievably small. The hat pattern has several choices, I’m choosing the design with a little knot at the top. I like the option for little ears but as the baby is very new, I thought the knot design would be better. There are quite a few sizes in the pattern and I’ve gone for the 3 months size. Baby is 81/2 lbs, so not tiny. I’ll share my finished outfit in a few days, fingers crossed all goes well.

Thanks for calling today. 
Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment