Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 18 January 2019

Wall Art

Hi Everyone 
Just a quick project idea to share today. This project is all about Wall Art, rug punched wall Art ! I’ve not done this before but I’ve seen some lovely examples and am particularly drawn to a round shaped piece with a heart shape in the centre. I like the simplicity of the idea and love the colour combinations (see my photostory, bottom right). The idea is to use a embroidery hoop with some kind of hessian style fabric as a base fabric. The simple hearts inside a circle will be made from cut lengths of yarn, added through the hessian with a punch tool. Sounds simple !



               

I’m sure there are challenges to overcome but I’m keen to produce something similar to the examples in my photo story. The inspiration idea comes from Issue 101 of Mollie Makes magazine, the latest edition. You can buy the actual pieces of wall Art  from here but I’m going From Scratch, as usual !! I’ll share my sample when it’s ready and chat about the process, good or bad.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.

No comments:

Post a Comment