Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Gathered Skirt

Hi Everyone 
Just a quick update on my latest cord skirt. I featured the plan here on the blog. The pattern is very simple (read my original post for more on the detail). I didn’t know (initially) about an error in the length of the waistband pattern piece . It appears there was a new updated version of the waistband measurement (about 6cms shorter). I didn’t see the update and developed the whole skirt around the initial waistband. As a result, the skirt did not fit, approximately 12 cms too big !! However, after some adjustments, all is well. The skirt is almost complete. I love it. I’ve overlocked the bottom and will handstitch the final hem. I also need to complete the waistband fastening. 

                
As you can see from my photo story I’ve practiced a button hole closure, there’s also an option to use a bar clasp (I’m hoping it’s delivered today). I’ll finish these little jobs and get back to you with the finished skirt in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment