Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Polymer Beads

Hi Everyone 
I spent some time yesterday, developing my beads for the Turkish Flat Crochet bracelet (read back yesterday for the back story). My plan for the day, was to blend clay colours for beads to match my inspiration shirt and create an interesting polymer cane using the same colours.

              
My colour blending took quite some time. I created five shades in total. The blue colour in particular, was difficult to get just right. However, I managed to produce all the colours I needed and had a lovely time developing my cane. My plan was to use the pattern on my shirt to inspire some kind of pattern in the clay. I love how the cane cane out and will be making more beads using the cane. The tricky part is keeping my pattern while shaping the bead. Ideally, the bead shape needs to be flat to maximise the surface pattern area. I’m considering trying to make a flat bead alongside a gentle rounded shape. I’ll decide which beads work well with each other and which combinations.
The next move is to crochet the beads into the Turkish Flat technique. I’ll use the plain coloured beads in a random fashion and have decided on a navy thread.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Making story.


No comments:

Post a Comment