Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 January 2019

Making Felted Brooches

Hi Everyone
A new Making Workshop next week is all about making felted brooches. I’ve taken inspiration from a landscape photo and through an experimental approach have come up with my brooch samples. I have two different brooches. Both samples use six different colours of fibres and a mixed range of beads for one of the  brooches. I used beads from a random sample, I felt would work, no plan as such. My approach for placing the beads was to collect a handful of the chosen beads and drop them, I attached each bead where it fell.

Both brooches have an element of embroidery. My embroidered tree is inspired by my initial landscape image and the other embroidered element is a random weaving style pattern on two places of the brooch.

The brooch will be worn via a metal bar pin, embedded into the brooch. I’ve created a small piece of fabric and sandwiched the pin with the brooch. I then, dry felted into the brooch, carefully - so as notto damage or alter the design on the front.


I’m sure there will be lots of interesting brooches, next week at the workshop. I’ll share the results.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment