Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 10 January 2019

The Making of a Bra

Hi Everyone 
Very exciting news to share today ! I’ve long had aspirations for a handmade wardrobe, including lingerie. Just to say, I’m a long way from this dream , However, I’ve started and am building momentum. 
Today, I’d like to share another lovely Christmas gift -  a series of lingerie patterns, including a bra kit. I’ve been so excited about this and have started the first part of this project. I’m calling the project my Lingerie Collection (for future reference).
For some reason, the idea of making bras is quite daunting to me ! I’m not sure why I think this should be a difficult job ? Having started, it’s not that difficult, so far. The materials (fabrics and elastics) and the notions are initially, a little tricky to work with. Small pieces of fabric are needed, precision is crucial and the fabrics are quite fine and slippy too. However, having said all that, it’s quite a satisfying process. I have a lovely pattern and lots of online pattern support from the designer. The designer is someone called Evie LaLuve . Im taking things slowly and I’m really enjoying the process. 


                 

I’ve chosen one of four styles for my first bra. There are a seven pattern pieces in total, which all need to be lined and I’m doing OK, so far. I’ve constructed all the fabric pieces and my next job, is to add elastic to the bottom of my bra. I’m hoping the bra fits well but the main point of this first Make is to get the size right, so that’s my goal. I’m assuming, I will need to adjust the pattern to give a good fit. Wish me luck.
I’ll report on my progress over the next few weeks.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment