Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 4 January 2019

Knitting Udate

Hi Everyone 
This is a quick update of my current little knitting projects. I’ve spent most evenings knitting for short bursts (over the Christmas break) and feel I’ve been working away as usual, however, I’ve not much to show for my efforts ! I concentrated on the Tiny Tassels shawlette project (my Advent Knit) until the 24/12/18, knitting my 7 or 8 grams of yarn each day. Read back in December for more details on this project. I enjoyed the project very much and will certainly repeat the idea for next Advent, perhaps with a new pattern. I still need to complete the actual tiny tassels part of the project (the long edges of the shawl have lots of these Tassels sewn into the edge) and will probably manage that this weekend. I hope so, I’m keen to wear my little shawl. The colours are lovely together and it will be a useful little accessory.
My next project is the Red Robin Socks, the final Helen Stewart Socks from this years Handmade Sock Society. This project started at the beginning of December but Christmas gift knitting got in the way, a little. I’ve made reasonable progress and have one sock done. The second sock is ready for the heel flap (about half way). The socks are lovely. I can’t wait to finish them. I’m hoping I can complete the project by next weekend.

                      


Next is a new project. I’ve already talked about the Jess Cardigan by Kim Hargreaves on the blog but it’s now time to get the project underway. I’m using a different yarn from the pattern suggestion, it’s a lighter weight and the gauge is very different. I spent a little time yesterday playing around with swatches and I have a plan. I’ve done the Maths and I think, I will be OK. The cardigan is knitted flat and my plan is to begin and complete the front left side. It’s a potentially quick knit - famous last words ! However, I’m committed to my plan. If the gauge and the Maths are wrong, it’s no problem - I’ll start again.

That’s about it for my knitting summary to date. There will be more knitting news, next week, after I’ve reorganised all my knitting stash, yet again ! I’m hoping to find a few unfinished projects (not too many) hiding in the storage bins. As it’s the beginning of the year, I’d like to clean up my plans.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment