Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Making a bag

Hi Everyone 
If you called in last week, you will have seen my recently completed red cord skirt. I had a reasonable sized piece of red cord left and immediately knew I needed to make a bag. My bag will be a hack from the wonderful Merchant & Mills Jack Tar Bag Pattern. I don’t have enough cord to make both the outer and lining pieces of the bag, I need an alternative lining and have just the thing !

                       

My lining is a scarf/fabric wrap from one of my special Christmas gifts (from one of my boys). The fabric was used to wrap a lovely collection of toiletries from Lush and will be a bright and colourful lining for my bag. I’ll think about my gift each time I use the bag. I’m going to change the height of the Jar Tar Design Bag and add leather (short) handles rather than the fabric style. I will leave out the shoulder strap so the final bag will be a very simple handbag with a few internal pocket compartments and a magnet snap.
So far, I’ve cut out the pieces for the bag and will add a fused interfacing to my lining fabric - later today. The bag should be a very quick make and I’m hoping it will be a well used everyday bag. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment