Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Sewing News

Hi Everyone 
I’ve another sewing plan underway, today. This time it’s the cord skirt idea from Monday’s post. I’ve cut out the pattern pieces and am ready to sew up.
However, I need some co ordinating overlock thread ! I need to sort that today.

                  

I love the Makers Atelier sample in luxurious velvet (bottom right image). My version needs to be more of an everyday item but I will aim to make a fancy skirt too, if all turns out well. I’m already thinking about what sort of fabric I will choose - silk or a fine Japanese cotton print ?  
However, back to the present day. I love the simple design of this pleated skirt pattern. There’s only three pattern pieces, front, back and waistband. The clever design provides the very important (to me, every time) pockets using a button for the closure. I’m yet to find my button, it needs to be perfect. I’m thinking of making a button from polymer clay or possibly wood ? but I’ll still keep looking online for that perfect button.
The other piece of news is that there was fabric left over from this make. Guess what I’m using the leftover fabric for ? - of course, another LB Pullover ! This will be the third in as many weeks. It won’t be the last, I’ve already got another one in the planning. I clearly have a problem ! My previous LB Pullovers have been made from stretch fabrics and this fabric, a corduroy is a woven fabric, although there is a little stretch in there. The first sample LB Pullover which attracted my attention to the pattern design was made from a woven fabric, so I’m confident all will be well. I’ll share my completed skirt and pullover when Ive finished the job.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment