Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 7 January 2019

The Making Queue

Hi Everyone 
I have (an exciting) new dress project to share today. This dress pattern from Merchant&Mills has been on my Making list for some time. I love all things ‘Merchant&Mills’ and could make all their patterns but this one, in particular, has always stood out for me. The pattern is another Christmas gift. Initially, I wasn’t quite sure about which fabric I wanted ? I had thought about a navy linen or a cord and then a standard denim. However, after a visit to our local fabric shop, I saw this lovely stretch fabric which looks just like denim. It’s quite a heavy weight and is a lovely deep denim colour. I’ve decided to use a white crisp cotton for the collar and cuffs.

                   

The dress pattern has a traditional rugby shirt feel but has a fitted bodice and side pockets. I think, it’s a relatively easy Make and am looking forward to wearing the finished article, soon. The only slight issue will be the front placket detail, always a bit tricky to get a neat finish especially using a contrast fabric.This project will need to join the Making queue, it’s currently number 3 in the list. I need to wash my fabric today and when it’s dry, I’ve a feeling it may jump the queue ! However, it’s also back to work day today so plans for sewing all day are not an option.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Making story.


No comments:

Post a Comment