Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Slightly Distracted

Hi Everyone 
Despite my very long list of jobs yesterday, I found myself rather distracted by a new sewing pattern. I’ve had the digital version of the pattern for about a month but it’s been sitting on my iPad - just waiting ! I did manage to work until around 11am and completed a few items on the ‘to do’ list but it was a struggle. Then, I came across my waiting pattern and new, I needed to ‘start’ something. My initial plan was to download the pattern and make it up, ready for using some time soon. However, I noticed a recent fabric purchase had been washed and was ready for sewing and that was that
The pattern is called the LB Pullover by Paper Theory. There are two options for the pullover neckline, a turtleneck and a regular crew neck. I’ve chosen the turtle neck version. This pattern is very simple Make, only four pattern pieces for the whole pullover. I also used my overlocker to sew the entire thing, so a very quick sew. I’m yet to hem the sleeevs and the bottom but I’m almost finished.

                     


The fabric is a bold red and white stripe cotton jersey. It’s a lovely strong but lightweight fabric for my pullover. I like the fit of the pullover, it’s quite a loose fit but I’ve shortened the body slightly and graded to shoulder/top of the pullover down, one size. I often find loose fit patterns are much too broad on the shoulder area to fit my body shape but this pattern works very well. I also tend to have problems with sleeve length, again the sleeves will be perfect with a 2 cm hem.
I’m really pleased with my new pullover. I’m already planning to make more of these tops. I’ve seen lovely examples made in linen and other woven fabrics. As an extra bonus,  I bought this striped fabric from a local fabric shop, it was stacked in the sale section at £2 per meter, amazingly good value !


Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment