Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Making Buttons

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the results of a little project today - buttons made from yarn. These are lovely items and I’m hoping I can use a version of them for a new cardigan (currently under construction). The button design and construction is known as Wheelhouse Buttons. 

                 

I’ve used some bright primary colours for my sample experiments and love the results.
If you are interested in making some of these buttons, Kate Davies’s has a great and very detailed tutorial on her website. You can find the link here.
Kate also shares examples of how she has used the buttons on her own knitted designs.

I’ve also seen a lovely little wheelhouse button brooch which I’m keen to make up. I can’t seem to find the original image but I’ll give it a go from memory and develop my brooch, sometime this week. The brooch is made from three (quite small) Wheelhouse buttons linked together in a row with a brooch pin on the back. I quite like the idea of using green, yellow and blue yarn for my buttons. I’ll share the results in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment