Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 21 January 2019

Sewing Plans

Hi Everyone 
I had a lovely delivery on Saturday morning, the latest Makers Atelier magazine. This is a bi annual magazine from the pattern company Makers Atelier, you can read all about them here. I love their style and the way in which they present what they do. The magazines are always interesting and there’s a pattern included too.
This time the pattern is a poncho. I love poncho’s and was quite excited to see what Makers Atelier have done with their poncho. I was not disappointed. Although, their styling is beautiful, I wanted something a little, different. I’ve been pondering for a few days about what I could do with the pattern ?  I am on a mission to make a handmade wardrobe and there’s certainly a space for a poncho. As already mentioned, I love the samples in the magazine but I’m wondering what would suit my life and what I would wear, regularly as well as - where could I get the fabric from ?  I think, I’ve decided, I need to make a denim jersey version with some special buttons ? The buttons are a dream at the moment but Ive already started looking. I think, a denim jersey would suit me very well and be a useful item for my current wardrobe. I don’t have the fabric yet but I know where I can get it, locally. 

                       


My other sewing project in the planning stage is another Makers Atelier Pattern, this time a skirt. I’ve been thinking about making the skirt for quite some time and have some mustard coloured (fine) corduroy for the job. The fabric was a Christmas gift. The fabric is washed and ready to go. I’ve read through the pattern instructions and there are only three pattern pieces. There’s the front and the back (which are identical) and a waistband. The skirt has side pockets as part of the design with several pleats at the front. Buttons will feature again, each side closes with a button - so more buttons to find. This skirt should be a quick make. However, I like to take my time sewing, it’s not about how quick I can finish. I very much like the process. I enjoy spending time making sure everything is neat and well finished so I’ll spend a few days on the skirt.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Making story.

No comments:

Post a Comment