Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Latest LB

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my latest LB Pullover make today. I wore my top yesterday for the first time, it’s a lovely print and so easy to wear. The colours are bright and such a vibrant combination of colours - inducing happy thoughts

                       

I’ve followed the pattern as written and it fits well. This pattern is produced by a company called Paper Theory, I’m a huge fan. This fabric is a medium weight cotton with no stretch. I’m continually amazed how the design works with both stretch and woven fabrics. I have five of these tops in very different fabrics and each looks quite different.
I made the top in a couple of hours and used my overlocker for the majority of the construction, the bottom hem and hem of sleeves have been finished with a double top stitch.
After wearing my top all day, I have had thoughts of adding a turn over cuff and possibly an extended, deeper hem. However, I’ve slept on the idea and I’m not totally sure. My thought was to give the sleeves a bit more of a tailored look and as a consequence the hem would also need to be deeper and have a little more weight to provide balance to the design. I’ll keep thinking today and make my decision tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment