Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 February 2019

Me Made Mini Gifts

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a lovely simple mini sewing project today. These little needle books took around 10 mins to make but are lovely for anyone who sews. I made the first needle book (bottom image in my photo story) from a lovely scrap of oil cloth with a bumble bee cotton lining as a gift for a new sewer. I was so impressed with the needle book, I decided I needed one for myself. These little tools are brilliant and such a pleasure to use. They are pretty and incredibly useful.

                     

I’ve used a piece of felt in the centre for the needles with a tiny pocket in the back for a needle threader (you can just see the stitching on the back of the Bee sample, right hand page). I don’t use a needle threader so haven’t added this feature to my Book.
My little needle book sits perfectly in a small notions bag which I use for sewing and is giving me more pleasure than I can convey (perhaps I need to get out more !). I’ve already decided everything in my sewing stash needs a dedicated bag of some sort !

It’s school half term holidays this week and Im hoping to take things easy. I’m having a week off work so I’ll be doing lots of sewing. I’ll take you with me and record any progress.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with sewing news, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment