Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Sewing Plan

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been thinking about my next sewing project for a few days now. I think, I’ve come up with a plan ? - it’s a Dungaree Dress (view c2) from the Roberts Collection by Marilla Walker. This is a relaxed fit dress with slim shoulder straps, front pockets and side popper fastenings. I’ve had the pattern in my library for some time and it’s something I think will be a good addition to my wardrobe. 

                       

I love the style of the dress but have struggled with what fabric I need. It’s taken a few days of thinking about my options to finally come up with the idea of a stretch denim in my stash. I’m trying very hard not to buy any more fabric until I’ve used some of the stuff I have, I do have lots of fabric ! I think the denim will work well and is a brilliant fabric for wearing with lots of different clothing. The stretch element makes for a comfortable fit and I’m already looking forward to wearing my dress.
I’ll share my progress with the project. Hopefully, I can cut out the pieces (8 in total) later today. My habit is to cut out one day and sew the next. However, I will need to break down the sewing tasks to fit them into my week.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment