Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 February 2019

Pyjama Progress

Hi Everyone 
If you called in yesterday, you will know all about the trials of the pyjama making Project. I had a much better day yesterday with this Make. I think, my head was in the right place. Perhaps, with hindsight, I should have changed the project and worked on something else the day before. Read back yesterday for more on that ! I think, I just had a bad day.
On a positive note, I have completed the top (other than a possible top stitch around the neck and armholes). The bottoms need the waist elastic to be fitted as well as the hem on the legs. 

                  

I do love the outcome of this project. I wasn’t convinced the day before. Having completed the ruffle work on the top, I think, I’ve probably (eventually) done just as the pattern suggests - it’s not that clear from the instructions ! The eyelet lace embellishment (talked about yesterday)sits around the neck and on top of the top stitch detail (mentioned above). I quite like the simple, uncluttered neckline the way it is ? - I have eyelet lace coming so I will consider the finish when it arrives but I’m almost convinced to leave it plain.
There are one or two lovely features of the pattern which I’m especially pleased with. Under the arms, where the ruffle meets, there is a lovely rounded edge on each side. It just makes the top lovely. I also like the pleated front detail, it’s a very simple way of introducing shape and allowing the top to have  structure. Also, the bias binding around the ruffle is lovely. The finish on the inside of the top is beautiful and could be worn inside out. I especially get pleasure from beautifully finished garments and this technique is especially pleasing.

                

Having had serious doubts, this pattern has turned out great. I’m totally convinced about the shape of the top. It’s flattering and feels lovely when worn. I’m already thinking about more fabric for a nightdress version. 
The pattern (on the envelope) is graded as easy, I’m not convinced about that !  I’ve been sewing for a long time and to get a good finish with neat seams and ruffles I found quite a challenge. It would be very easy to mess up and spoil the finish on the top. However, having done it once, I will be forewarned about the tricky bits. My plan is to complete the bottoms today and look for some pretty fabric for the next job.

Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment