Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Lingerie Sewing

Hi Everyone 
My lingerie sewing moves on to my next bra. This is the second bra in my lingerie making list. Read back here for details of the first Make. My lingerie kit has a pattern with four different bra options, I started with number 3 and my new design is number 1 and a much more simple design. I wonder why I started at number 3 ? I have lots of the kit fabric - a patterned scuba, so the new version is quite similar in appearance. 
I’ve sewn and lined the main parts of the bra and it’s time to add the various different elastic trims. 

               

I’m using a single colour for all the elastic parts of the bra (my first bra used a mixture of coloured elastics) and I’m hoping I can improve on my sewing this time. My first bra is OK but I think, I’ve learned lots about how to attach elastic and this time the stitching will be ‘spot on’.
I’ve also slightly changed the profile of the bra cups. Bra number 1 was a little too big at the underarm sides and a little short at the front. Hopefully, my adjustments will give me a better fit. I can wear the first bra but it’s not a perfect fit. This time, I think the fit will be better.
The design for bra no.2 is simple and I like that. I’m much more confident about the construction and I completed the first part in about 20 mins. The first bra took me about a week !

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment