Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 February 2019

Lingerie Making Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the latest lingerie making developments. If you call in on a regular basis, you will know I’ve started my second bra. There are four different designs in the Evie de la Lune Collection - all are very similar but use slightly different cup shapes. I had cut out and sewn all the fabric pieces but needed to add the elastic elements. I’ve now added the bottom picot elastic which incorporates the beginnings of the straps. It’s going well and I’m much more confident about sewing with elastic as well as understanding how to get a good finish with my stitching. All the sewing in a bra is on show, so it’s quite important to be precise about measurements as well as accurate about stitch lines. It’s all going well. The next stage is adding fold over elastic to the top line of the bra. Wish me luck.

                

I also have a completed piece of lingerie, the Binky Panties. The pattern came at the same time as my original kit, although it is a completely different pattern. I’ve used the kit fabric (printed scuba) and some stretch lace from my stash. The kit didn’t incorporate enough elastic in a pink colour for my panties. They are a good fit and Im very pleased with them. I used the overlocker to stitch the sides, I also top stitched the overlocked seam ; mainly to keep the seam flat. Adding a top stitch to the seam gives the panties a luxurious touch. I’ll be making more in a different fabric. I like the scuba but I’d also like to try a bamboo jersey fabric. I think a lighter, more drapey fabric would work well.

That’s it for today. I’ll be back to tomorrow with more news about my pyjamas to be !


No comments:

Post a Comment