Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 February 2019

Knitting Re Think

Hi Everyone 
After a couple of months of trying to make a knitting project work, I’ve finally decided to re think my plan. The original idea was to adapt and knit a cropped cardigan. You can see the cardigan plan in question here. I messed around for ages with several attempts to make the project work. I was using different yarn (from the pattern) and as a result there were lots of numbers which were very different. I managed the numbers well and completely re wrote the pattern. Having completed the back of the cardigan, I eventually decided, I didn’t care for the fabric. So, I needed a Plan B.
I’ve decided to rip out the knit and start again. This time Ive gone for a Kate Davies pattern, the Carbeth Cardigan. I’ve swatched and started knitting.

                        

I know I’ve made the right decision. I love the fabric already. The cardigan is a bottom up construction and is knitting up quite quickly. I’m using West Yorkshire Spinners RE : TREAT yarn in a lovely grey colour. 
I’m confident about this pattern and I’ve never been disappointed with a Kate Davies knit. So all is well. I’ll share my progress over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment