Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 1 February 2019

Petite Pegs and Teeny Beanie

Hi Everyone 
I managed to finish my baby gift sewing from yesterday. The pattern, from Patterns for Pirates, was a dream to use. The instructions are simple but good and everything about the process is delightful. Making such tiny garments is very quick and because the construction is simple, the whole thing came together in an hour or so.

              
Initially, my plan was to make one set of trousers and a hat, for some reason, I had cut out part of a second hat ?  I think, I’d mistaken a pattern piece for part of the single Knotted hat design. My first plan was the Knotted hat but I’d also cut part of the Bear Ears hat. I simply had to complete the Bear Ears and now I’m thinking, I need another pair of Pegs ! I do have a need for second baby gift soon, so that makes sense. The fabric is lovely and soft and the final garments are very cute. I particularly enjoyed making my gifts. I would highly recommend the patterns and the idea for any baby gift.

One tiny issue to report - a problem with my Overlocker machine ! I think, it was a problem (initially) from a broken thread and the tension of that  thread. I re threaded the thread in question, several times. Then, each of the threads, one by one. Each time, I assumed I’d threaded it correctly. However, I managed to waste about an hour messing around. In the end, I started from scratch, re-threaded the whole machine and all was well.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment