Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 February 2019

The 5-in-1 Skirt

Hi Everyone 
Following on from yesterday’s chat, Ive spent a little time,  reworking my cord skirt. Read back yesterday for more details. I didn’t have time to complete the whole skirt but it’s almost there ! I need to add a hook and eye to the top of zip. I also need to hand stitch the waist facing around the zip, and the hem, of course.

                     

Generally, I’m very pleased with my remake. The skirt fits well and is positioned as a low slung waist - not sure if that’s a thing ? However, it’s good for me. I’ve changed the 5-in-1 skirt pattern in lots of ways. All of the pattern pieces have been resized but I’ve kept the general shape of each piece. The original pattern used darts on the front piece and I’ve changed this to form a couple of stitched down pleats. I’ve also added two back pockets (jeans style) and all of the seams have been top stitched with a twin needle.The back of the skirt has 4 panels which help give a contoured shape, it’s a very clever way of fitting the garment; giving the skirt has a degree of ease, which I like.

I’m hoping to find a little more time, today, to complete the extra hand stitching on the waist and finish the hem. Changing the skirt design was the right decision, hopefully my skirt will be ready to wear in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment