Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Messing around with clay

Hi Everyone 
I had a lovely couple of hours, yesterday, playing with polymer clay. It’s quite some time since I made the time to play with clay. Here are a few images of the results.

                
I was (partly) preparing beads for a little bracelet project. Check out the project details here. The beads on the top left photo are now ready for making the bracelet.
However, I also managed to distract myself and developed some more beads with new (to me) lovely colour combinations. I especially like the bead, bottom left, with a Baby Blue outer layer. I love the combination of the blue  with green and yellow. I have a bit of an obsession with yellow/mustard at the moment. I’m not totally sure about what I will do with my new beads yet ? I think, I’m going for a simple elastic bracelet. I would like the beads to be central to any bracelet and free from the need for a clasp and complicated threading. I’d like the bead colours to ‘shine’.
I’ve also had some thoughts about using my new beads as inspiration for dying a skein of yarn. I would love to knit a simple sweater using the colours of my new favourite bead (bottom left image in my photo story). It’s not on my to do list but I think it will be added today ! I’ll keep you posted of any developments.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment