Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 11 February 2019

Start Again !

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a bit of a disappointment today. I had completed a cord skirt last week (read the details of the first attempt hereand having spent so much time pondering the button holes (several days thinking), I was slightly upset about having to undo the whole thing. I spent another few days wondering what I could do with the skirt ? The main issue was the waistline. I have quite a short body and all skirts with a high waist position tend not to work for me. The skirt (dimensions) fitted me perfectly but I didn’t like the look or feel of the fit. I knew, I wouldn’t wear the skirt, so there was no option other than to rework it.

                      

I searched through my pattern collection for something suitable and eventually came across a pattern called the 5-in-1- skirt. This pattern was a free pattern which came with my latest Love Sewing Magazine. Unfortunately, the pattern is sized 16-24 which is too bit for me. However, I managed to redraft version E and have a reasonable fit. I was restricted by the amount of fabric in the first skirt and didn’t have (and couldn’t get) any more. I liked all the design versions in the pattern but I didn’t have enough fabric for any version other than E. I’ve cut out all the pieces and sewn the body of the skirt (5 pieces) together. There’s a zip in the back and a waistband to attach. In addition, I’ve created a couple of pockets to work on the back, a little like a jeans style pocket. I also want to add some top stitching to each of the back seams.
There has been lots of size fitting issues, I wanted to skirt to lie low, just above my hip line and the skirt is designed with a high waist. The back of the skirt has 4 panels which give the skirt a pencil skirt appearance. I didn’t want a tight fit, so have quite a bit of ease in the fitting. I also needed to considerably change the length of two darts on the front panel to give me a suitable fit.  Generally, I love the new shape - much better for me. I can see myself wearing this version and am enjoying the remake. Hopefully, I can make a little time later to move on my project, later today.  I’ll share any progress tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment