Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 February 2019

Ultimate Trousers

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing yet another new sewing project today. I mentioned this make here a few weeks ago and it’s taken me all this time to get my photos ready for sharing. This time, the project is a pair of trousers using the Sew OVer  It : Ultimate Trousers Pattern. You will also notice another LB Pullover in grey cotton. This is my third (and I’m not done yet !).

           

          

The trousers are made from a polyester crepe in a black and white stripe. The fabric was something which arrived as part of a budget batch purchase. The point of my purchase was another fabric altogether and bought for a specific project (yet to be started). I didn’t know the black and white fabric was coming and when I saw it, I didn’t think I could use it ? However, the more I looked at it, the more I liked the fabric and knew exactly what I wanted to make.
Im thrilled with the trousers. They fit well, I needed to do a pattern adjustment as I’m in between sizes. The waist is one size and the hips almost another. However, this was straightforward, so no problems there. I don’t like very tight, fitted clothing and the great advantage of making a garment is the fact that I can have something which fits but still has the amount of ease that I like. The fabric also has a little bit of stretch.
I wore the trousers yesterday and they are super comfortable. The trousers are fitted with darts and an invisible zip, no waistband. I love this pattern.  Waistbands are not my thing and these trousers are perfect. I’ve chosen to make the trousers cropped, just above the ankle. I did have concerns about what footwear would work with my trousers but I’ve  tried ankle boots and heels and I’m happy with both.
I will definitely be making more of these trousers. I can definitely see a denim pair and a few cotton pairs for Summer.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment