Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Jeans Underway

Hi Everyone 
At last, the jeans are underway. You can read about my original introduction to the jeans project  here. I am planning to take the Make slowly. I’d like to be quite precise about fitting and I do need to change the fit, so there are lots of challenges. My first intention is to make the jeans and then spend lots of effort with the Sashiko embroidery.

                   

I have divided the jeans Make into lots of small tasks and intend to keep going with this process. I need to keep working on key elements of the job and each bit needs lots of thinking.You can see my little checklist on the photo story.
 So far, the jeans are ready for the first stages of actual machining. I will follow the pattern instructions and the first construction part is the front pockets. The jeans design has a high waist fit, this is no good for me. I’m conscious about the pocket placement being the first job, and this area is to be tackled first. My plan is to baste the pockets in place along with the legs and try on the jeans, I’ll check where I can alter the waistline and will probably need to re cut the top of the jeans. I may need to have another plan for the front pockets ? I won’t know until I’ve constructed the front.

I’ll get some images as I work this next section and share here in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment