Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 May 2019

My next big project ....

Hi Everyone 
I’m almost underway with my next big project. It’s the Making Sashiko Jeans. I introduced the idea of this new project here - read back for more information about my ideas.

               

My plan is to partially make the jeans before adding Sashiko designs. I want to have access to several parts of the legs for my Sashiko embroidery so would like a flat surface for the job. I’m going to keep this initial work very simple and will aim for basic patterns around the areas where the fabric is pieced together (refer to the line drawing - top right of my photo story. At the moment, I think around the each of the seams. I’m yet to practice Sashiko technique (in any detail) and will try out a few samples before committing to the actual jeans.
I also need to adapt the jeans pattern to a slightly more relaxed shape. I’d like the fit to be very relaxed rather than a tight, skinny jean.
I’m hoping I can develop this project slowly, alongside another few sewing projects, over the next few months. My plan is to divide the tasks into small, regular, scheduled chunks.
I’ll share the developments as they take place. My first job is to wash the denim - scheduled for today.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment