Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Ready to wear

Hi Everyone 
I’ve managed to complete my planned Summer Top over the Bank Holiday weekend. This was a very quick Make. Read back on Fridays blog for the first mention of this project. I left out all the gathered edges (from the previous versions of the pattern) and made a simple sleeveless top. The top is lovely, I particularly like the fabric pattern and colour. The cut is flattering and very comfortable to wear.

         

I need to get the iron out ! - and I’m ready to go. The only issue seems to be the weather, it’s been quite chilly here and not quite Summer Top temperatures. I’m hoping the weather picks up over the next few days - so I can wear my top.
There’s not much more to say about the top. The pattern, Butterick 5792, is a nightwear pattern but works wonderfully as a simple top. This time I used the version without any pleats (check out the previous pleated version here).
I will definitely be making another Summer Top. Next time, I’m planning to used the bias binding on the outside of the neck and sleeve edges - just as a change. This will give the top a slightly different finish but still a very simple construction. I have some fabric ready go, so hopefully another new Top will be ready to wear over the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment