Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 13 May 2019

Summer Top

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a few photos of my new Summer Top to share today.

             

The weather was a bit warmer a few days ago (warm enough to wear my Top indoors ! )  but I needed to add an outer layer - to go out. The Top works well with one of my favourite handknits, the Garland Sweater by Stephanie Pollmeier. This cropped sweater is so light and easy to wear over any outfit but it works beautifully with the Summer Top.
I particularly like the finishing elements of this Summer Top, the French Seams and the me Made bias binding. Somehow ? - these little features add so much to the garment. The whole thing feels well made and I’m sure it will be a well worn garment in the future.
There will definitely be more Summer Tops. I can play around with different types of frill features. Colour blocking/piecing is also something I’m thinking about.
The fabric and colours of this Top are just right for wearing with jeans. I tend to wear mostly blue coloured stuff (mostly jeans !) and am already thinking about new shorts/ skirts which will compliment this top. It’s definitely a favourite for my Summer wardrobe.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment