Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Ursa - reborn

Hi Everyone 
After a rather tragic move, last Friday, I recited to remake my Ursa sweather. I’d finished the original sweater a few weeks ago but the fit was not good. I knew I would wear my sweater. There was no point in keeping it. I love the sweater pattern and the yarn, so the obvious solution was to pull it out and start again. 
Check out the previous post on this knit project for more about the problems here
My sweater was OK to wear, I could wear the sweater but ‘the fitting’ was not quite right, for me. I felt the arms were a little tight and the sweater was too long, the top of the sweater ( across the top) was also a little too big. I wanted a shorter and wide fit which would be suitable for layering. I’ve gone up a couple of sizes and I think all is well. I’ve tried the progress size a few times and the sweater feels much better. 

             

I’m almost there with the length of the sweater, perhaps five more rows. I also need to use a ‘loose bind off’ on the bottom of the sweater, the first version was far too tight. Then, I’m onto the sleeves. I’ve quite enjoyed remaking the pattern and am keen to keep going. I think, I’ll be there next week. I didn’t start the new size until last Saturday- only a few days ! It’s an amazingly quite knit. Hopefully, I will have a really good fit.

I’ll share my progress in a few more days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment