Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 20 May 2019

Ursa Version 2

Hi Everyone 
My new Ursa is ready to wear. I’ve re knitted my sweater and it’s exactly as I wanted it. All the problems have been resolved and the new knit has come together in a week. What a bonus !

                  

You can take a look at the previous version here. Although, the problems were not hugely obvious from my photos, I knew I wouldn’t wear the sweater in its previous form. The new Ursa is only one size up but the shoulders and the top of the sleeves are a much improved fit. I needed to shorten the sleeves by a few centimetres and the length was considerably shortened. Generally, the second knit was much easier. I knew exactly where the problems could be and I was able to adapt the shape of the sweater to fit. I love it.

My first version didn’t get the neck band (I abandoned the sweater before making the final band) and this makes quite a difference to the finish of the neck. I was a little concerned that the neck area would be too large, the pattern suggests the option of going down a needle size to make the neckband, however, no such issues. I used the same size needles 6.5mm throughout.
I’ve enjoyed making this sweater, it would have been better if I’d avoided my initial sizing issues but the second version is probably a much better quality knit, so all is well. The Summer weather is rather warm now for general sweater wearing but maybe I can wear it as a jacket on an evening walk ?

I’m now thinking of trying out a lighter weight yarn for another Ursa !! I’ve seen examples of Ursa sweaters using cotton yarn. I need to do some research later today.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment