Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 23 May 2019

New Knitting Plans

Hi Everyone 
I’ve recently completed my last sweater, the Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak. I’ve been wearing it for the last 2 days and it’s even better than I thought it would be. This is the second version (you can read the back story here ) and all the elements of the sweater, length, fit, colour etc - are just right. Now, I’m inspired to make a second sweater. I have thoughts of a cotton version - I can’t quite decide if the cotton would be very heavy ? I would need an Arran weight cotton. My other thought was to try and change the Ursa into a cardigan - using a steek technique down the front. I’m quite keen to try both !
The other sweater idea is a new sweater, to me, called Blink by Ragnhild Vaaland. This sweater is knitted in mohair and cotton, held together. The sweater is very boxy in shape, cropped sleeves and has two little pockets on the front in a bright contrasting colour - very appealing.

                 

I can’t wait to make my next sweater, the Ursa has been such an interesting and enjoyable knit, I’m inspired to start another. The Blink can wait a while, it will be more of a cold weather garment. I think, an Ursa cardigan needs to be the main knit. I know, if I can make something similar as a cardigan it will be a great addition to my handmadewardrobe. 
The next challenge is to decide on a colours. I’m drawn to bright, interesting colours or subtle pastels but a neutral or navy would probably be the best idea. I’m going to check out my stash rather than buying new, at this stage. I’ll share my plans, in more detail, when I’ve got something definite.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment