Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 2 May 2019

Exciting Stuff

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been dreaming up a very exciting project. It’s something I’ve been meaning to around to for a very long time. This plan is about two things, practicing Sashiko and making jeans. The jeans thing has been on a to do list for about two years, the Sashiko thing is a bit more recent (perhaps 12 months) !
I wear jeans most of the time and am ready to conquer this Make. I have several patterns for jeans but have chosen the Palo Jeans by Named. I will adapt the style to a different fit, see my photo of old but very comfy jeans. The old jeans are well worn and probably not the shape they started out but I love them. I want to create my own pattern using both styles together. The Palo Jeans lend themselves to lots of visible Sashiko embroidery so that’s a great coincidence. My old jeans are a great, loose fit around my legs which is what I’m after. The waist and hips are a bit big, hopefully I will be able to sort that one with my new design. As always, the jeans will get a name ie Miss Mitchell’s jeans, of course. It’s a long story, read back over the blog for more on Miss Mitchell.


             

I’m calling this an ambitious Make but I’m not sure it’s that difficult. Many people have successfully made jeans, I’m feeling optimistic (at the moment). How hard can it be ? No doubt, I’ll regret that statement.

I don’t have the fabric at the moment. I did think I could bring some old jeans together and add some new bits - it’s still a possibility but I think I may need to buy some. The Palo pattern talks about 2m or 1.6m depending on the widths and I want a wider leg. However, the Palo does have lots of smaller sections the legs are chopped up to allow for a mix of denim colour blocking. 
The Sashiko element will be designed into the garment from the beginning so I’m going to start with practicing Sashiko. As you can see from my photo, there’s a book involved. I don’t have it yet but am thinking about designs already.  I know this will be a really enjoyable challenge and a I can’t wait to start. 

It’s a Bank Holiday this weekend so I’m having a day off on Monday. I’ll be back on Tuesday with a chat about developments re this project again. I’ve got all weekend to think about my plan, hopefully the book will arrive in the morning.
Have a lovely weekend.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment