Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 16 May 2019

Outside my comfort zone !

Hi Everyone 
Last week, my latest SewHayley Jane box arrived. You can read all about this idea here. This is my second or third box (over a few years). I was especially excited when my box arrived and delayed the opening until I’d finished a range of chores. I built up the excitement and was particularly looking forward to seeing this months fabric. However, I couldn’t quite believe the choice of fabric this time. Animal print is not my favourite ! It’s something, I would definitely not buy for myself. I’ve never been a fan. I like the look on other people but it’s never been something, I would go for. At the time, I felt very disappointed and wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with the fabric ? I’d decided in a moment, that these fabric surprise boxes, were not for me !

                

However, having said all that - I may have changed my mind. Having opened my box, I placed the fabric in a place where I passed it, often. Every time,  I passed by, I imagined what could I make and would/could I wear it ? Gradually, I’ve decided I will give it a go. The whole point of the box (for me) is to extend the range of fabric choices I make, look outside my comfort zone. 

I only have a meter of fabric, so there are limits. I’m considering a version of my Summer Top. You can check this design  here. I have lots of ideas about how I can adapt the Summer Top. I could also (possibly- I think ?) adapt a version of the LB Pullover too (my favourite pattern of all time).Check out this pattern here.

I don’t quite love the fabric but I’m keen to have a go with a top. If it doesn’t work out, I can pass it onto someone else.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment