Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 21 May 2019

New Summer Top

Hi Everyone 
I have acquired another lovely piece of fabric this week. I saw this fabric on one of my Instagram feeds last week and thought it was exactly what I needed for my next Summer Top. I’m using the Butterick 5792 again. This time, I’m using the plain nightdress version, shortened to make my top. I’ll add a bottom band section as per the back of my last Summer Top (read about this Top here). The new top will get a band around the whole of the garment.

                
I love the colour combinations in my new fabric. The fabric is a lovely, soft cotton lawn from a shop called Nimble Thimbles, you can check out the shop here. These Summer Tops are versatile garments which look great with denim. I can also see the top working well with floaty trousers and skirts too.
My top will be very simple in design. I think, the fabric needs to be allowed to take front stage.
These tops as well as the nightwear I’ve made using this pattern, Butterick 5792, is such a joy to wear. I make French Seams throughout and the finished garment feels fantastic to wear.
The top is a quick Make so I’m hoping I can find a few hours to complete the job over the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment