Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 30 May 2019

The Jeans Saga continues...

Hi Everyone 
Following on from yesterday’s blog, the jeans have been recut along with lots of new pattern pieces. The new jeans to be will be a mash of the original idea, the Palo design by Named and the Morgan Jeans by Closet Case, I have more patch pieces on both the front and back leg sections, although the back legs have stayed very similar to the original (only a length extension). Generally, I’ve used all the bits of fabric from my original 1.6m of denim. Some smaller pattern pieces such as one section of the yoke have been patched together but generally, I managed to get all the new pattern from my 1.6m of fabric.
The new cut will be much more like the pair of jeans I would like. All the pieced sections will lend themselves to my Sashiko embroidery plan. The embroidery element is some time away ! Read back for the idea here.

            
I have a curious mix of anxiety and excitement as to the next step. My plan could all go very wrong at any point. I’m going to baste the legs sections and do an initial fit today, this will let me know if the jeans will work. If all is not well, I’ll need to buy some more denim and redo whichever bit isn’t working. I have very little denim left - only a few scraps for mending purposes. However, I’m feeling hopeful about this one.
My other little Making story is about a shirt remake. This shirt belonged to my eldest son. It’s too small and I rather like the fabric. I’ve a few ideas about a refashioned top but need to reconstruct the shirt to see exactly how much fabric I have. I’ll do that today and check my options. What have this space for developments. 

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment