Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 2 May 2019

Latest LB

Hi Everyone 
At last, I’ve finally managed to get a few images of my latest LB top. I finished the top a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a time to get some photos ever since.
  I’ve made this top from fabric gifted to me. The thing is, I probably wouldn’t have bought the fabric myself. It’s a very bright pink and a very stretchy Lycra. I’ve used the fabric inside out to taken advantage of a lovely crepe-like surface. The fabric has a wonderful drape, almost silk-like. I do love the whole thing !

             


I’ve chosen to make the narrow collar version of this pattern, many of my previous LB’s have the larger roll neck- check this style here . With the latest version, I’ve added a powder pink rib neck band and the same rib on the bottom of the sleeves. 
My idea for the sleeves was to add an inverted pleat on the inside of the elbow to give a drape effect on the sleeve. I have done this, but I’m not totally sure about the final finish ?  I’m wondering if it’s a bit too long ? I’ll wear the top a few times and decide. If, it doesn’t quite work for me, I’ll shorten the sleeve.
The LB needs a good iron ! The hem, in particular, is not quite sharp enough at the moment. I’ve used a twin needle to finish the bottom hem and it’s all great but not pressed - ironing is always a chore ! Other than, the sleeves hack, I’ve made the LB as per the pattern. I love this pattern - I know I’ve mentioned this before !!
My next LB (there will be many more) will be a short sleeve version. I’m already checking my stash for some suitable fabric.
You may also notice the flower  necklace in my photo. Also love this necklace. I did make it especially with this top in mind. I have a thing about pinks and reds together. I’ll do a more detailed blog on the other necklaces in this range in the near future.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment